Total Pageviews

Monday 7 February 2011

It’s all because I love you………..

My child, my beloved, I set you free
To spread your wings and reach new heights.
To rise with the currents and design your destiny
To explore God’s world and savour all its delights.

I am setting you free to be your very own person
Free to think and to do what you please,
To break free from shackles of selfish oppression
I am letting you fly – so seize your release.

You’re the flesh of my flesh and the blood of my blood
You hurt – and I hurt; you cry – and I cry with you.
You reach out for help and I am always around
I am yours; you are mine. But I do not own you.

My Child: because I love you, I set you free.

As I release you I sense my own freedom within
I realise all at once that Allah created me free.
He loves each of us more than anyone else can
Yet there are no pressures – not on you not on me.
I realise: because Allah loves us, He set us all free.

2 comments:

  1. Written on the 9th of April 2008 - again the credit goes to my computer for remembering! It has an amazing memory. :)
    Here are my notes on the poem too - you might be interested:
    True love requires that you let your beloved be free. Love is not about tying down and shackling people to your side. It is about giving them wings so they can fly the skies and reach new horizons. It is not easy. Love is precious and we do not want to lose it. So we hold on to it, clutching it to ourselves till we imprison it in a claustrophobic cage. Imprisoned, love changes into resentment then hatred and then indifference, which is the worst of all. You need to set love free.
    To be able to do this however, it is important to understand the Unique Universal Plan of The Creator. He created us free – He said la ikraha fiddeen – remember? Just think about it. He is the Maker and the Creator – the Supreme Master – who created us from nothing. He could have made us all love Him. Yet He gave us the freedom – Why did He do that? It is because true love can exist only when we have the freedom to choose to love. If He who created us has set us free to love as we choose, then what gives us the right to imprison another human being in our ‘loving’ cage?
    So set love free – give it a chance to be true – for only true love is the everlasting kind (and therefore the true lovers of Allah are promised ever lasting life!) and will survive all trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.