Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 September 2010

reality is hitting home

Reality is hitting home.
The glamour and excitement of partying;
the relief and euphoria
of having found 'suitable spouses'
for both my daughters... is fading -
and reality is hitting home.
My girl is about to leave.

For good.

She is flying away to build her own nest...
leaving in my home
an empty space,
an empty bed,
an empty chair,
and empty air -
empty of her laughter.

There is a knot stuck in my throat
that I can't swallow;
and a twist where my heart is
that I can't untie.
I know I will cry soon -
very soon,
yet, for the present
I've kept my tears at bay.
I'll wait for another day
perhaps,
before I unleash the watershed
that has been gathering
over my brow.

Very soon I shall cry.

1 comment:

  1. ma i wish i could come back :( i hate being so far away from you. every time u see me smile im crying inside. i miss everything. i miss you you hugged me when i cried. and u comforted me. i'd give up everything in the world for that again ma.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.