Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 November 2009

My heart is heavy...

My heart is heavy,
There is a tightness in my chest
That does not allow my heart
To beat to its own rhythm.
I need to sigh now and again
To give it the space
To fill up and then overflow
And spill into my blood vessels -
To ease the tightness elsewhere -
There is a tightness everywhere......

My lips are sealed tight,
Imprisoning my tongue.
My eyes shut tight,
Imprisoning my tears.
My hands are bound tight,
I'm forced into inaction.
The leash on my brain
Has my thoughts in restraint.


.......the tightness is everywhere
Stifling me until I am not me
But someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Life is one 'tough cookie'. This was written one difficult day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. The thing I love about this poem is that I can interpret it to my own liking, and have that 'wow, as if it was made for me' feeling...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.