Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Allah the Almighty Lord

A is for Allah the Almighty Lord
B for the Beneficence He has bestowed
C is for the Compassionate Care he takes of us
D is for Dear Master so generous
E is for His Existence Eternal
F is for the Forgiveness He grants unconditional
G is for the Greatness that is His
H is for Helper, a Donor of bliss
I is for Incomparable, Ideal beyond Imagination,
J is for Justice, tempered with compassion
K is for Kindness a virtue so noble
L is for Love, for Life he has enabled
M is for Mercy He has for Man
N is for Nature, which was His plan
O! Great Master, hear our prayer
Punishment from You is out despair
Quell not our Hope, let it shine like a torch,
Reveal the Right Path, Oh Refuge of the lost
Safeguard us from evil, Oh Supreme, Oh Sublime
Teach us to be gentle, be honest and kind.
Unite us together, and with warm love bind
Verily You are the Greatest, Oh Master! in Might
We worship and adore You, for that is Your Right!
X’cuse our sins, Lord, and pardon our faults
You are the One we love above all
Zealously we thank You for everything for All.
Afshan Ali

1 comment:

  1. I remember I had written this for one of my friends, she had to do the display board at school - Rosary School, Sharjah - so there I was writing poetry for her display late at night.......

    I think it is one of my bests. It touches me somewhere every time I read it.

    It probably was 1996? Not sure which year it was.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.